52, Female, Single, Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- Last online:
Headlineam thinking it is time to get out and meet a few new people - maybe we'll surprise each other and find commonality, maybe not, but we gave it a go...
I have been a bit of a rolling stone in my life, a bit of a slow traveller, but somehow that stone lodged in Tasi quite a few years ago and settled. My homeland is UK, my roof is here, my future could be anywhere. I appreciate that things may not go according to ones own plan. As a person - I can be a bit introverted, a quieter type, but that is because I tend focus on doing things rather than talking about them. A few close friends and family seem to fill my space and energy enough. People say I'm independent, capable, sincere. I am intelligently curious, but not academic, I am not judgmental but easy going, - I like my work, but am not career minded, I love my garden (always learning there), quality food, staying fit and healthy, I love being in the bush, on the beach, out on the water (have sailed and cycled a lot), love camping, looking around art, and exploring those deeper questions - the whys and what ifs of the world. Perhaps I can be too serious, but take nothing too seriously, too independent, but love to care and be cared for, procrastinate to the point of just - spontaneity, not very eloquent but love simple eloquence. Meantimes I raise my two children and nurture their talents and keep rolling on. But life is more interesting when there are surprises up ahead and so I am being proactive here.
I admire good design, quality over quantity and try to live with a small footprint. Good coffee a must. Good wine a maybe. And always up for a good dance.
At a glance
- 52 years old
- Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- 5'11/180 cm
- Star sign - Sagittarius
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Body Type - Average
- Have children at home - 2 children aged 12 to 19 yo
- Don't want children
- Have pets
- Education - Degree
- Healthcare / Medical
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
her ideal partner
- 50 - 58 years old
- Within 75km
- at least 5'9/175 cm
- Personality - Sometimes Social, Social, Private
What I'm looking for
Someone who brings out the best of us in each other - you have your own life but we can share some of it - you love nature and spending time there, love tinkering around with houses, boats, gardens. Not too conventional - can appreciate that the best things in life are usually free. Content. Funny.
- most things - probably more on the folky/new age/world kind of thing - think the Waifs, Kate Miller Heidke, Fred smith, female vocals...people with a story to tell.. An 80's girl - sometimes still stuck there. Live music,the odd festival...
- mostly the paper - weekend - read the environmental stuff, social and health issues. Have just restarted reading fiction - Tim Winton, Flanagan, book club lists, wandering around fullers with a glazed look on my face.
- Movies & TV
- not a big tv watcher - but the odd documentary, news and views. No adds. films- odd ones, state cinema - foreign, drama, no violence, thrillers or horror, preferably
- Not really - can name no footie players. i have rowed before, and sailed - cruising, i like cycling and walking - long bushwalks, short walks. i'll watch the finals of things - soccor, wimbledon, olympics...even the grand final..perhaps. Currently swimming and pilates.
- Other Interests
- - trying to get my garden to look loved and produce food,..raising 2 children to be the best they can be.,.dreaming of travels and places to go, a quiet place in the bush, kindling very hidden creativity...art, learning about native flora.